CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Followers

11.15.2008

A cold Saturday..

It is the first cold cold COLD day of the year. I guess it is a good thing I finally invested in some real shoes. When I left Hawaii I was stuck on wearing just flip flops and that has carried over to the mainland.

I went to Target today to get some things for the new house, oh how I love shopping! I tried to find the shower curtain I bought so I could post a picture but there are like 75 pages of shower curtains on their website so I guess I'll just take a picture once it is up. It is so hard to decorate without spending a ton. I want a simple yet cute decor in the house. Ive always went over the top but now with a baby I want to keep it simple!

We have a sage colored couch/chase/lounger, I'm thinking red panel curtains and then maybe 2 throw pillows in either red or gold. I dont want to use our coffee table, I just want open space! I want a dark wood bench type seating in the kitchen, navy blue in the kitchen, our bathroom is orange stuff ( I am re using my stuff from Tenn), our bedroom I want blue and brown since I am obsessed with those colors. For Jett's room I am just going to buy one of those $100 room in a box from Walmart in Elmo. I like bright colors. The girls room is going to bunk beds and hannah montana comforters and maybe brown/pink curtains. I am going to put a very simple yet stylish computer desk and white computer chair for me in their room since they wont be there. I want a room where no one has any reason to be in there (Jett). The other bedroom is going to be the catch all.. the room where I dont want to go because the hodge podge will drive me nuts. Chris wants to get a treadmill and then put the desk tops in there.

I also want something nice outside. We have no front porch really but there is a little something outside the french doors, so if your sitting in the dining room i dont want to look out and see plastic lawn furniture. I am not sure what I want for the backyard yet. I want some birdhouses, a swing set and things for Jett to do. Too bad he isnt old enough for a trampoline that sounds fun! Ive been checking on craigslist for some cheap outdoor toys for J but no luck so far.

So I will be heading down to the house this week HOPEFULLY if I get the POA in time. Since I wont have any way to move anything in I will spend a few days learning Hopkinsville as well as childproofing the hell out of that house. People with no children will feel crazy in my house, the way I use to feel in childproofed houses!

I know one thing, I am back to country living.. Im not sure if I am ready for that yet!

0 comments: